Salaams world. So I hope everyone is doing well in lala land. I wanted to discuss an issue that is been very interesting lately. Guys on Facebook trying to recruit me as their 2nd wife. Ususally then men are from overseas or from Philly. So below i will past a convo from a FB guy
Brother Ali (not real name) : Ok, you married? probably so
Me: no not married. are u?
Brother Ali: Yes I am married why are you interested?
Me: No, sorry I dont talk to married brothers.
Brother Ali: Why is that? maybe i will be the exception, can i ask you a question? Do you have any kids?
Me: Inshallah you will have a good search with finding a wife to add to your team, I dont have any kids and do not chat with married brothers on any level.salaams.
Brother: Wait , I could be the one.
Me: Delete, BLOCK
2nd senario
Brother: Asalaamualaikum my dear sister how are you?
me: Walaykum salaam, I am doing well thank you for asking.
Brother: Are you married , Mashallah you are beautiful
me : No I am not are you?
Brother: Yes, but I am looking for a second wife
me: Sorry I have no interest in polygamy but i hope Allah helps you in your journey and whomever is added can be a benefit to your family. salaams.
Brother: Ok sister but I do hope that u made ur decision on islamic grounds.
Because those women that reject a right of man from Allah will surely be
punish on the day of reckoning.
Me: (thinking WTF is up with ol boy) That's your right I'm not rejecting it., You can be in polygamy if u
want I'll be happy for you. I just don't want to practice this lifestyle
, there is nothing wrong with a woman choosing other options. There is
no coerisn in Islam .
Brother: Ok I'm sorry.
LOL wowzers seems like since i've been divorced ive been a polygamy magnet. I dont know why this is. I'm not trying to be added to anyone's team no time soon. I'll pass.

guy 2 was a creep! so was guy 1. but more so 2.
ReplyDelete-muslim brother.
Where r u girl?
ReplyDeleteAsalaamu Alaikum girly,
ReplyDeleteYou probably won't read this...I'm sure you've moved on in your life. I hope everything is well and you are happy, inshallah.