"My Umi says shine your light on the world ..shine your light for the world to see." -Mos Def
Whats really good world? Wow so today has been interesting...and when I say interesting I mean borderline amazing! So as you all know I have been on vacay with the family and today I just had a overall awesome day. I spend some good quality time with my adorable nieces and nephew whom I rarely see and caught up on some reading, as well as make some big progress with some business plans I am working on. Feeling very accomplished today! This break has allowed me some time to reflect on life and love and my marriage and see things for how and what they are. Who knows how things will play out, whether me and Snipes will ever get along or will one day throw blows, but one thing for sure "operation restore happiness" is in full effect. Polygamy in many aspects is a very selfish act/practice at times. (not always but often) So as women its good to be selfish too. You dont have to change your whole personality or anything but just realize you should now spend most of your energy focusing on yourself, your happiness and your akirah. You better believe mr. wonderful no matter how awesome he may or may not be; isnt spending his nights thinking of you and how its affecting you. Neither is whomever your cowife is. So why think about them? I so do not. Hassan made a comment the other day, Snipes feels that "I always try to do things to F' with her head and make her mad on her days." WTF?? Really hmmm how about no. I can really care less about Snipes. Nobody is going out of there way to make her feel F' up. If she feels this way this has nothing to do with me. People really make me laugh sometimes. You go out and marry, a married man then have the nerve to get mad at me when other people in the community question your relationship or put you on blast.What the?? oh well , cant tell folks nothing. But anyways I'm not letting anyone Snipes or Hassan stop my shine. Whenever I decide to come back to Hassan it defiantly will be a new day lol. I am not gonna be mean or catty or anything just more self-absorbed lol. You have to do this sometimes. But anyways I am so looking forward to this week. My family really doesn't officially celebrate thanksgiving, because as Muslims thanksgiving is everyday. But we do plan to get together since everyone is off and still in town from Eid and have a big dinner. Inshallah I will make some cupcakes or cheesecake to bring. Cant wait to see my other nieces and nephews all together!
So glad I decided to take a break. So much more happiness and less drama when I am with my family. I do miss the quiet of my home, since now everywhere I go there are busy children lol. But I have to "do me".
"You can either dwell in the dark, or choose to shine your light." -Chief Weber Grey's Anatomy lol. I'm shinning my light all day long!
Masha'Allah you keep shining hun! Dont let snipes dim your light.
ReplyDeleteSalaams! Well shoot that post makes me just wanna sing "we are the world..." lol. Good to hear that u are in better spirits, alhumdulilah! It can be wonderful spending quality time with family. "Do You Gurl"! Don't let nobody steal your joy, happiness or peace of mind.
ReplyDelete((hugs))
Munira
First Wife,
ReplyDeleteI have been a devoted reader for a long time and I was wondering what your family feels about your husband taking on a second wife, especially against your wishes.
Would or do they support you leaving your husband?
Abby
Hi Abby, thanks for posting. My family knows about
ReplyDeletesnipes, the marriage and everything we are very
close so no secrets here. One of my sisters actually
posts/comments here often. But my family
has always said they just want me to be happy
and will support decisions that provide the best
results for me. Everyone my brothers and parents
included no longer like Hassan and feel he made
poor choices by marrying snipes at this time. My family
really liked Hassan before all this. If I do leave
they will support that decision. If I can find happiness
in this and choose to stay they may support that to. There
is so much to consider right now.
Awe Jaiyana I'm loving the Grey Anatomy quotes! lol yeah "operation restore happiness" sounds like the best thing to do right now. It definitely feels good to focus on yourself, and what brings you joy. We're not attached to our husbands even though we're married to them. We have to find happiness on our own outside of them. You're very right about them not sitting around and thinking of your feelings. How could they and still feel like good, kind, Muslims, with much Iqram in there hearts. Put your trust only in Allah. Look to Allah for your happiness, peace, love. Allah hears you. Keep making your dua. Strengthen your spiritual self. You will be amazed at the strength you develop. ((Huggies)) Salams
ReplyDeleteI second all you said there Umm Assad!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis was a good post Jaiyana!! keep up the good vibes and move forward!! You are so fortunate to have a supportive family to rest your heart with... ShukrAllah!! :D