Aslaamu-Alaikum world. I'm back. So much as gone on this week, its really been something like a whirlwind. Unbelievable, still very surreal this life. Through this week, I have seen so many posts/comments about what people would or wouldn't do, wouldn't tolerate ect ect. Making judgments, calling names, acting "holier than thou." Its very interesting all of this, the options, advice, questions, and answers for questions that I never even said, or asked for that matter. LOL Often when people are outside a situation it is easy for them to say what they would or wouldn't do, who is fair and who is not, and what should or shouldn't be tolerated. I get it, I've been that girl saying to myself years ago, "i would never be in polygamy, or would never let x,y z go down" But when you are smack dab right in the mix of a situation it is much more complicated than that. Much more complicated than you ever thought possible. You think or thought that if and when such situations presented itself you would have some magic blueprint of how to go about things. How things would turn right back around to become the life you've always imagined and just like that your situation would be "fixed". But this is so not the case. Honestly you never know what you would actually do in a situation until you are in that situation. You are not Miss Cleo, you cannot Jedi mind trick your way to controlling other people's thoughts. And even when you are in the situation you still have doubts, question your decisions, motives, feelings.
Life is complicated, this is very complicated, I wish there was some magic wand to simplify things and make the decisions I need to make clear as day, but its not.
I do appreciate the good advice/feedback. Some of it honestly I haven't even read. My brain has been far to fried to go thru all the messages. This is why some posts are still pending, some posts that prob need to be deleted also. This situation has been very revealing. Things about myself I have seen, new strengths that are surprising, and things about others. One thing I think one of the other posters said which really hit home (for got who said this) was during this process so much changes. And the thing I feel has changed so much already is my friendship with Hassan. I am no longer mad, just hurt. But the friendship aspect of our relationship, feeling like I cant or dont want to tell him things. Feeling like there is now a mystery of privacy.. like does she now know my business? Feeling like if I have good news about something, he was usually the first person I'd tell but now , its like I cant. Its crazy how so much can change in such a little time. Still working on my master plan whatever that may be. To the person who posted about "if you stay does the marriage become one of just toleration." Well I cannot really answer that at this time. It has only been 1 week since him and Denise finalized the deal, which I was told was a very kufar like ceremony and reception. But anyways. I think women who have been in polygamy far longer than I can give a better, fair response. In the beginning eyes are still cloudy, emotions are still high, and the brain is still fried. So questions/answers given now, will likely change in the future.
But this week although was draining, was still eventful and fun. We went to the movies, went bowling , went Eid shopping, got a lot of work done. Inshallah my head will be a little clearer next week. Looking forward to Eid!!!
As Salaamu Alaykum Sis
ReplyDeleteAlhamdulillah you have made it through week one. A little battered (mind) and a little bruised (feelings) but in one piece and now is the processing time. Enjoy the Eid. I love you for the sake of Allaah.
Zaahirah
salaam alaikum
ReplyDeleteThe first week is the hardest. You are still coming to terms with everything and dealing with a situation that you were thrown into. Stay strong and focus on yourself right now. I hope you have a wonderful Eid!
Hugs!
Salaams Jaiyana!
ReplyDeleteAlhumdulilah you are still here! It's not easy but continue to take things one day at a time and make du'a to Allah (SWT) for guidance. Pamper yourself as much as possible. Do extra things that will help you feel a bit better about yourself. Do you have a gratitude journal? Maybe you can write down some things you are grateful for.
Dhikr, read Qur'an, du'a helps.
May you have a blessed Eid.
((((hugs))))
Munira
Salams Jaiyana, It's great you've found your strength!! Hold on to it for dear life, and make dua to allow to increase you in it. For us to be able to see things clearly may hurt us at first. Some things of course we wish we didn't have to see. Clarity however is a blessing. It's a beautiful thing when your focused, and things are finally clear. Allow for your strength, confidence, and determination to come back to you. By the permission of Allah. When you plan think of your life, and your akhirah. Do what you feel is best for you. What is best for your spiritual self. Allah is the best of planners, and is so merciful and kind. Seek Allah's help in your planning. Stay in the remembrance, and focus on YOU. Love you! (((HUGGIES))) Salams
ReplyDeleteHave a great Eid xxx
ReplyDeleteAssalamu alaikum warahmatulahi wabarkatu
ReplyDeleteDear sis
I have been following your story from the beginning.
As a first wife i can relate to you in many ways.
First time i was walking outside i thought everyone knew ,even people i didnt know .I felt so sorry for myself.
I had sisters who felt sorry for me ,while other sisters supported me hamdullilah.
my hubs is a great guy and "understood "what i was going through.
Hubs was my biggest support ,while my biggest helper was Allah swt.
Its is 1 of the hardest things to go through and no one understand what is like when they havent been through it themselves.Your heart is ripped and needs alot of healing.
I felt sorry for myself for a while until one sister said;get a grip.and that was just what i needed.
I got myself back on track bit by bit,find stuff to do that you like ,enjoy company with hubs and your time together.
Make 1 rule .Nothing in the house will be mentioned about other sis,no phonecalls ,or messages .
that made me just mad .any single thing ;message or call;Thats 1 thing i could not handle.
My day was my day ,her day was her day!!
Husband set the rules in the end .hamdullilah he was fair.
Inshallah sis i hope you get on with every thing,make the best of it .specially around these days of Eid .Its eid al adha ,feast of sacrifice.In some ways we have to sacrifice all in this dunia.
I wish everybody a great eid inshallah and lots of dua in our struggles and patients with every trial
salam
Wow...what an ordeal you have gone thru. I just got back and have yet to go thru all of your posts and comments. I will make some coffee and dedicate some time later (after I get rid of jet lag) for blogging. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Whats your update? Are you ok?
ReplyDelete