Whats good world? Often after people get married and get "comfortable" with each other, slowly but surly they slip into chill mode. Yeah, its nice to be able to be yourself around your partner,BUT yourself doesn't mean you have to dress and look like a homeless orphan LOL This is what I call having a case of the uglies. I mean everyone has their share of bad hair days, nobody is perfect. But as muslimas you NEVER want to let yourself go, next thing you know you'll be walking around the house looking like Ceiley. (color purple need i say more?) This week has been SO AWESOME. I really feel like I am falling in love with Hassan all over again. <3 So since I am feeling all warm and fuzzy I decided now is a good time as ever to capture that awesomeness and share it with the world. Just a some tips ..people can thank me later. In marriage its natural for relationships to go through ups and downs. But even when you are "down" you still wanna look as fly and fabulous as ever. Polygamy can cause some initial stress as with any new unfamiliar situation in life. Chocolate therapy is fun but when you start packing on the pounds that is no longer fun or sexy. Well, unless you were previously anorexic which, if this is the case you have some serious issues that chocolate could never solve.
So this brings me to.. bring sexy back tip #1 Give your body healthy fuel regularly. A sugar high is amazing (sporadically) just don't overdose on the donuts and you'll be fine. BSB tip #2 Do your hair. Regardless of how your hair is there are always ways to style it to make it look better than bedhead. Get some curlers, rollers, flat irons, styling spray, braid it , switch it up keep him guessing. BSB tip #3 Maybe she's born with it maybe its maybelline. A little makeup can go a long way. I LOVE, love, LOVE makeup. Now I already know there are some muslimas out there who are against makeup, so this tip..well I guess its not for you then. But for those that love it, embrace your inner makeup artist. Watch a couple a youtube videos get fancy if you want. Even if you just do it around the home looking cute will make you feel so much better. Even a little Kohl and mascara and lip gloss can make a big difference! BSB tip #4 wear cute around the house clothes. Shorts, tank top, sundress, cute velor sweatsuit...any outfit that says "I'm effortlessly sexy and I know it." Another BSB #5 that "slave2Allah" reminded me of the other day is smell amazing. Get some new perfume/oil. Scent is the strongest sense tied to memory. So you want your hubbie to think about you when your not with him, give him a reason to. I love , love, love, Calvin Klein Euphoria omg smells so good. BSB tip #6 Get some new sleepwear. That's self explanatory no need to elaborate. Your man will appreciate that. BSB tip #7 Oh, I almost forgot, get off your butt once in awhile and workout. You cant bring sexy back if your still toting around 50 lbs of pregnancy weight from a kid you had 17 years ago. No offense to the thick sistas out there, thickness is nice. But overweight can also lead to many health problems when you start tipping the scale. Just saying a little cardio or a little yoga can go along way. BSB #8 Lose the attitude. No husband will ever find nagging, annoying, ghetto-hoodtastic, whiny, or psycho behavior sexy. And last but not least tip #9. Be confident, confidence so sexy. If you do not think you are awesome and sexy then chances are neither will he.
Here is a hadith to back up what I am saying just in case you love your homeles-orphan look and see no reason to change it. lol
HADITH 37 Rasulullah said: "The best of wealth is a righteous woman who pleases her husband when he sees her; she obeys whenever he commands her and when her husband is absent she protects her chastity and respect"

Asalamu alaikum sis, If you want a perfume that will really smell amazing try a perfume called Amor Amor by Cacharel. Its truely delicious Masha'Allah. sis how old r u if u dont mind me asking? You seem still young! :)
ReplyDeleteYou truely are a breath of fresh air!! MashaAllah!! Love it! I am trying to think what I look like now...haha Thank god the hubbie is away on buisness..hehe I don't think I look like the lady on the color purple..hmm lets see...Ahh I know. Charlize Theron in Monster..hahah Ughh! Good advice that we can all be reminded of once in a while. I love makeup too. Problem is, hubby dosent. If I wear it he says, "Ok, go wash your face." Then I come out of the bathroom and he sayd, "Now, thats much better" hahah. Have you smelled Red Door Revealed?? Wow...that was my fav for years!
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of "Big Girls" Have you heard that song, Big Girl you are beautiful??? I LOVE IT! I jam out to it on the ipod and my husband thinks I am crazy...
Love your posts Sister...they always give me a chuckle...
@ Slave2Allah, will have to try out Amor Amor never smelled it. Still seem young? lol Hmmm is that a bad or good thing? I'm 26 give or take a few years.
ReplyDelete@firstwife, lmbo omg charlize theron in Monster lol no way you could ever look like that you are too beautiful.My hubbie doesnt like lip gloss, but eye makeup he has no issue with.Thats sweet your hubbie just wants u to be your natural beautiful self. I will have to add red door to my list of scents to check out, been hearing of that one for awhile. Never heard that big girl song, but i have nothing against big girls. I got a little thickness myself lol just wanted to throw some reminders out there lol. Glad you found it funny. Had to post something positive my last few post had me sounding like Debbie Downer (SNL) lol
Assalamu Alaikum Sister, those are good tips and thanks for the reminder. Keep up the blogging.
ReplyDeleteAssalamu alaikum sis-
ReplyDeleteI came across your blog and I rather enjoy reading it and find it useful. Thank you and keep it up!
Thanks , Em Hamzah glad you like it. Please click follow I update my blog often.
ReplyDelete@Jaiyana... you so hit the nail on the head!!! GREAT ideas!! :D
ReplyDeleteVery cool Jaiyana the Bringing SEXY Back tips are good reminders. Your last one about confidence is I think the most important. Confidence itself is just sexy. If your all made-up, or just chillin with a plain face and comfy clothes know you look good. As muslim women we go out covered, but we still like to look beautiful.
ReplyDeleteYeah you are so right bout the confidence. the hubbie is taking a nap right now so I'm bout to get fly and wake him up. a nice little surprise. Gotta get in touch with your inner video vixen/top model sometime lol
ReplyDeleteSalamualaikum!! new reader here, I'm not even a wife yet, never have been and i AGREE with you!!! ha! i just posted about this! i see women get married and lose their self idenities and its so sad to see! even if u wear the niqab, why can't u be sexy underneath? to me a wife should be in the house, what a man (muslim) can't have on the streets, so if he sees a beautiful woman, who is uncovered... he thinks in the back of his head "Ha... i got one better at home!"
ReplyDeleteLove it!
Salaams, Amoorah, yea its very important for women and men not to let themselves go when they get married. Gotta stay sexy!
ReplyDelete