Monday, October 4, 2010

Live, Laugh , Love ;-)

Aslaamu-Alaikum world. So here I am again today jotting down my ramblings of my mind. Well in keeping with the positive one word of advice if or when you are faced with any situation not just polygamy in your marriage; Keep your mouth shut. Its awesome to have a good support system when you are dealing with a tough time or confused about something. But really, you have to really analyze the source when you asking others for advice or confiding in them. I've tried not to talk too much about this situation, it hasn't happen yet and it may not , only Allah knows. But talking to a few people about polygamy in general really opens your eyes sometimes in a bad way. I understand im blogging to the world about this but then again nobody really knows me personally so I don't care. But, I have found that a lot of Muslim women have very negative views on the topic and think you should instantly leave your husband, or just stay and use him for money. One sister told me, just be a roommate to him, get your bills paid and "use him for what he's worth" lol Wow, this is sad this is the state of the Muslim Ummah. What many women fail to realize polygamy will soon become more common due to the male/female ratio of like 12:1. So many women who have told themselves for years "I could never do that." Maybe in the same situation soon. So surround yourself with positive people. Unfortunately a lot of people have stressful marriages without polygamy and want you to be miserable just because they are. But dont give in to their foolishness lol.
Another thing is try to keep a reminder of the blessings you have in your life. My husband treats me very well. I am not in a situation where I have to work, he doesn't control me or speak to me disrespectfully. We honestly have a really good relationship. We are very in sync. He's always told me (well before this scenario) that he's never loved anyone as much as he loves me, and how he's so happy we vibe so well without drama. So when he's home we just relax, and enjoy each others company . And for the most part I don't even think of this situation when I am with him. And I dont ask him about it. I really feel the less I know right now the better. Certain details are needed of course. But really, during this transition process less is more. I really could care less what she is like, her personality and why he likes her. Because no matter the reasons every woman is different and this is his choice. I dont have to like her, or have a relationship. Asking these types of questions can only cause more problems later. Another thing is, if he is planning on marrying her in a few months why waste the alone time I have interrogating him about her. I know my husband and I know his heart. If she is worth marrying then there is some good to her, which in time I may find out about. But for now I'd rather enjoy our quality time. Seems like the more I am "cool" about it, the more my husband pampers me. He came home today with a 2 dozen red roses and told me how sorry he is for hurting me and he appreciates all that I do for him. And says he never wants to loose me. Awe...lol Days like this do make this transition easier. He is defiantly making it hard for me to want to leave lol.
 ...<3 saga continues ... <3

4 comments:

  1. Asalamu Alaikum.

    I am strongly against those who say bad things about Polygamy whether they arent in one or are.

    Why am I so against it? Because if my father lived this lifestyle and someone kept critizing it, I would get so angry, now Prophet Muhammad (may Allah be pleased with him) was in Polyamy marriages and he is more dear to me than my own father so what makes people think that its acceptable to criticize?

    Do not leave your husband sis. thats all I have to say.

    Salams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reply. I have no plans to leave him. At least not right now lol no but seriously i know he is a good man and we have a good relationship. At first I really thought about leaving, im not even gonna lie about that. But i had to take a moment and see the big picture. Plus if I left him where would that leave me? Sad bcuz im not with the man i love. and then possibly have to be in a polygamy situation in the future , only Allah knows. This situation has lots of ups and downs. Inshallah it will have more ups than downs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your husband was not good then it wouldn't really matter too much, but it sounds like he's a keeper, but it still boggles my mind why he would want to do this.It is very difficult.He should talk to my husband who although he loves his other wife I'm sure he would never do it again. It's a lot of stress. It's hard enough being with one woman let alone two. I hope he makes istikhara and rethinks the situation. You should make istikhara too it may change your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea he says he has made istakra about this several times. There was a time when he told me he didnt want to marry the sister and was really against it, but somehow that changed lol. I havent made any istakara on it but maybe I will good idea. Vena love your blog btw :-)

    ReplyDelete

Mean people suck..no need to spread negativity. If you do not agree with me good for you, please kick rocks!