Aslaamu-alaikum world. Whats really good. So I decided to post the recipe for the steak I made last night. OMG so good . Hassan ate his plate so fast like he was one of those kids off of "feed the children network" lol and then went back for seconds. He says, "babe that was on point ,you still the best cook i know." And the best wife of the year award goes to....drum roll please.......ME lol So this isn't the actual picture but this is as close to as what we had since I was hungry from having an anorexic day and didn't think to take a picture before. And Hassans plate was gone is 60 seconds lol. My mom made some really good, best steak I ever had ever when I was visiting last month so I wanted to try to make it for Hassan. This was actually the first time I made steak like this. One reason is the halal meat stores here act like they dont know what I am talking about when I ask for steak. It could be a language barrier i dont know, but I know they have a whole cow back there somewhere so they need to start selling it more. I made steak, garlic-cheddar mashed potatoes, green beans, and rolls.
Steak Recipe :
- First start with some good size steaks (we had 3) T-bone or round will do
- Season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, parsley. Let marinate if you want for at least 30 mins.
- Then coat meat in flour and sear in skillet with a little canola oil. Cooking on both sides for about 5 mins depending on thicknesss of steaks.
- Remove steak and place in oven for 1 hour and 20 mins (depending on thickness) bake at 350
- meanwhile when steak is baking saute onion, mushrooms, and garlic and then add to the steak after it has baked for about 40mins.
- Steak will be awesome and tender. No medium rare or rare steaks around these parks
- Start with a pot of chicken broth to boil potatoes in
- Add about 5-6 large potatoes or more depending on how greedy your family is.
- Let boil until good and soft about 20 mins. Then drain juices and set potatoes aside
- in large pot melt 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, then add 4-5 garlic cloves chopped and pressed
- Add 1/3 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of sour cream and 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese mix well
- add potatoes back in pot and mash until all of the garlic cheese sauce is mixed evenly. Then add more cheese and salt & pepper to taste.
- Viola! im not going to give the green bean recipe because if you dont know how to make green beans then thats sad. Lol.
salaams,
ReplyDeletewow, *Hassan* has never had it so good. Your steak sounds absolutely delish! When you are a stay-at-home wife you have time to cook like that. Enjoy it while it lasts. Personally, those kind of meals are for a weekend for me...if I feel like it.
Keep busy doing YOU. Cuz he still is having to go back to #2...that has not changed.
WOW thanks tons sweetie!!! ..sear and then oven.. I would have never thought of that!!! ...and broth for the mashed potatoes?! Ok, I'm making this for sure this week, InshaAllah!! :D
ReplyDeleteYea, I always use broth cuts down on the sodium. And adds to the flavor without being extra fatting.
ReplyDeleteAhh how I'd love a personal chef!! Man does certainly love a woman who can cook.....Yum!
ReplyDeleteJaiyana, girl I made the mashed potatoes tonight for dinner (with chicken, etc) and my husband loved them!!! He said "This is certainly Southern..." LOL so it was a hit!! ..another dish for my list! Thanks tons! :D
ReplyDelete@ummumarNY yay glad he liked it :-)
ReplyDeleteMmm looks good. I once told my husband who is an immigrant from Middle East about Mashed potatoes, beef and gravy and he's like huh what's that! No wonder people working at the halal store don't even know what steak is because they are probably all immigrants! LOL I am guessing your husband was born in the states, too. That makes things bit easy in everything!
ReplyDeleteThanks, have copied this recipe cuz hubby loves beef and i so dunno how to make it lol
ReplyDeleteQuestion about the mash potato recipe sis, can i use chicken bullion cube as a substitute to chicken broth because I don't have chicken broth unless I boil a chicken, and Im planning to make this with beef burgers.
ReplyDelete@Sarah yes that's what I usually use the buillon cubes because they don't sell can chicken stock here. Works the same :-)
ReplyDelete