Chicken Bryan
Aslaamu-alaikum world, so whats really good? So earlier today Hassan calls me on his way from home and we are talking and he mentions again that he is on his way to the store. So I say "what's up with you going to the store all the time, that's her job." Ok so I am very old school in regards to the husband and wife roles. My father is very old school as far as the woman should cook, clean, ect. and my mother raised me very independent so I guess that's why I am a jack of all trades lol. So anyways, he says "well i gotta eat." So I am like WTF, this chick doesn't have a job now, and cant go to the grocery store to get him some dinner and cook it? Wowzers , she is so slippen on her job. No man wants to work all day and then have to pickup takeout. The last 3 times I have talked to him on her nights, he is saying he has to go to the store. He has said before that her cooking skills are lacking severely. Ok, so ladies out there, all men want to come home to a decent meal. You dont have to be winning any iron chef contests (like me lol) but at least be able to make something semi-edible without having your man wanna barf. All adults male or female need to be able to throw down in the kitchen if need be. It just doesn't make sense for someone to be home all day and not cook. That is serious living in slackerville. She is already one step out the door she need all the skills she can. When I was not working, Hassan came home to 5 star meals all the time...and he still does. I told him "dont let me go over there and school her in the kitchen, she aint gonna like it" lol. Hassan asked me if it would be ok if he started stopping by for dinner on her nights because fast food sucks and so does her cooking. I was like sure Babe my door is always open. He's come over in the past for dinner and she has gotten upset about it. But really what does she expect? She better start watching FoodNetwork like thats the only channel on her TV and take notes. Otherwise she will be eating dinner alone. LOL. So anyways since I am talkin about food, here is a recipe for the chicken bryan (pictured above ) that I made. Hassan loved it ..this was soo good! Chicken Bryan is one of Carrabbas ( really good Italian restaurant here in the states) most popular dishes. Its really good. I substituted the wine for apple juice and it turned out perfect! Made with fresh garlic mashed potatoes and steamed green beans. BTW got the recipe from here used my George foreman to grill the chicken then did the rest.Going to make some beef stroganoff from scratch tomorrow for dinner will add the recipe later its really good. I make it in the crock pot so its very tender.
Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup cold butter, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces caprinogoat cheese or 8 ounces other goat cheese, room temperature
- Saute garlic and onion in 2 Tbls. butter in a large skillet over medium heat until tender
- 2 Stir wine (apple juice) and lemon juice into skillet, increase heat to medium high, and simmer to reduce by half.
- 3 Reduce heat to low and stir in cold butter, one slice at a time.
- 4 Stir in tomatoes, basil, kosher salt, and white pepper; remove from heat; set aside.
- 5 Brush chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- 6 Grill chicken over hot coals 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 7 A couple of minutes before chicken is done, place equal amounts of goat cheese on each breast Spoon prepared sun-dried tomato sauce over chicken.

MmmM.. looks so delicious. Why can't she cook? Shes 30 something isnt she..
ReplyDeleteYea she's 30 and can't cook, why not? Who knows guess one of the mysteries of the world. But u don't feel bad for him at all. That's what he gets . When Allah gives you something awesome and your not grateful and apprecitive then don't expect to get more awesome stuff. Now he's eating fast food or fasting half the week. Had wondered why he was losing weight thought it was stress lol guess not just that. Oh well men can be so hard headed lol
ReplyDeleteMeant to say I don't feel bad for him at all. Lol
ReplyDeleteit must be heavy on the wallet too. Maybe you should invite her over one day for lunch. She could use some tips!..
ReplyDeleteInvite her too lunch ? Lmao that's the funniest thing I've heard in a looooong time. That would never happen.
ReplyDelete@Jaiyana, I would not be getting caught up in trying to teach her how to cook or clean or dress or anything! I'm jus sayin', yall ain't friends. If she wants to learn how to cook there's the internet/you tube/cookbooks.
ReplyDeleteI feel like I am waaay more upset about all of this than you are. Maybe I need to just take a vacay.
salaams
The recipe looks nice, Ill have to try it! As for your husband, he shouldnt be telling you things that would upset or hurt denise. Telling you she doesnt cook good, is backbiting. It seems he confides in you often about her, which isnt right either. When a man takes a second or third wife etc he should leave their problems at home not confide to another wife about the other. It makes me wonder what he tells her about you. I am not saying you have any flaws but if hes quick to tell you all her flaws, doesnt it make you wonder if hes also telling her flaws you may have?
ReplyDelete@ munira I was completly joking when I said that to him. I don't want her anywhere near me. I have no desire to help her in ANY way or be her friend. If she lacks at basic life skills like cooking, cleaning, takin care of a home then that's a personal problem lol
ReplyDelete@ Rene I don't ask him questions about her. He will never hear me say "how is dinner over ther" or "does she keep a nice house" I don't ask him things about her only things that would effect me. Like is she on birth control or tryin get preggers, or if I'm attending an event if she will be attending. Certain things about their relationship he doesn't even have to tell me because it's obvious. For example she seems very unfamiliar /skilled with laundry, lots of his clothes he comes back from her house are shrunken. He never had this problem before and I know HE isn't the one doing laundry so it's clear she doesn't know how to . Also if he calls me on way home and is always gettin fast food or the lunches she packs look gross it doesn't take long to figure out how it is over there. But yea when he does tell ne things it's out of frustration and I tell him I don't want to hear it. Not saying I'm perfect far from but there is very little he can tell her bad about me. He says she doesn't ask about me at all. She likes to pretend I don't exist. Lol
ReplyDeleteMmmmm this looks so delicious and so yummy! Inshallah I'm gonna make it for the fam. Yeah appreciation goes a long way. LoL he has to go to your house to get some real food.....I wonder does she know he doesn't like her food?
ReplyDelete@umm Assad, yea i think she knows. I mean a few times he has stopped by to get some grub over here and she was mad. And he is always picking up fried fish from fast food places instead of eating there. So unless she is totally clueless i am sure she knows.
ReplyDeleteSalam alaykum Jaiyana! Oh yum this looks good - I'm always on the lookout for a good sauce, this would have a nice balance of sweet, sour and buttery with the basil for a zing... As they say, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach! btw is the name bryan as in the male name? Maybe you could collate all your yummy recipes on a separate page...
ReplyDelete:D