Saturday, January 22, 2011

Emotional Rollercoaster pt.2

What's really good world?? Hope everyone is having a beautiful day/night where ever they may be. So as some of you may have noticed I have different labels for the post. (---> to the right) This one appropriately in the transition category. But really , I have been thinking does a woman ever fully transition? And WTF is transitioning anyway? I mean how do you go from (in my case) being the #1 Trophy wife...to sharing your man and somehow being ok with it?? I dont know but it is really eff up. I guess I am feeling this way because I am over the whole "honeymoon stage" we have been having since I came back. The realness of it all is sinking in and sucking. Seriously it doesnt matter how much he is nice to me because bottom line he is still with Denise half of the week. There is no point of trying to understand his way of thinking and logic because the whole scenario never made sense. Was at the gym earlier and listening to this Drake song ..and I was like wow yea I can relate.

"And he lives in a mindset that I could never move to
Until you find yourself, it's impossible to lose you"
 I really feel Hassan's whole way of thinking is so foreign to my own. His desire for other woman to be on the team I feel is a subconscious need for approval from others. He's still finding himself, but somehow thinks he has time, energy, and stamina for everyone else. Woo--saaa! This was his game plan from the beginning, so really I never was his wife, just a pawn in his sick twisted game. I know its an eff up thing to say. But this is how I am feeling right now, so oh well it is what it is. You cant be strong everyday. What really irks me is these so called muslim woman who are ok with devastating families and ruining marriages just so they can get a piece. That's really not cool. But what goes around comes around and Karma is a B-tch! oh well. But on a good note I did have a amazing workout at the gym 45 mins of cardio 20 mins weights! People who have been in polygamy far longer than me, always talk about how you have to get used to a "new normal" ...but who wants to do that. I think nobody really. The messed up part about all of this is its really black in white. Either roll with the punches or get the eff out the ring. There is no gray area. And unfortunately some second wives out there get married to the husband with the hopes/idea that the 1st will do just that and bounce. I've been through a lot of stuff in my life and would generally consider myself a strong person, but this really ...is more difficult than ANYTHING i have ever been through in my entire life. I was reading that "monogamy to polygamy" book again and wanted to share some common side effects of polygamy for those out there that are in the pre-phase and bout to loose their good mind ..your not alone lol. This is what this book calls Phase 1. Depression , the initial reaction. There are 3 phases listed.( Phase 2 self-anger/doubt, Phase 3 Growth/Change) . I think perhaps a woman goes back and forth thru Phase 1-2 until she somehow magically reaches the Phase 3 , which is the land of unicorns and sugar plum fairies.

So anyways Phase 1 Depression: Emotional shock, numbness disbelief, crying, yelling, hitting, silence, feelings of betrayal, intense anger , fear, exhaustion, denial, excessive sleeping, mood swings, rage, loss of self-control, actions (lol hitting, throwing objects, uncontrollable tears) hurt/sadness, reality sets in, loss of appetite, anxiety, nervous and jumpy, contradicting feelings, lethargy, sluggish feeling, dazed remote and distant in actions and behavior. 
So I just wanted to list the phase 1 for anyone going through this also and feeling like wtf is up with me or feelin bipolar lol. Supposedly 75% of women admit to going  through these emotional changes during this time. I guess the other 25% have already been brainwashed into thinking they are getting their golden ticket so they suck it up with a smile from day one lol. Who knows I am only guessing lol. But anyways time for me to get some work done. Later guys and dolls.

9 comments:

  1. aww Hugs Jiyana.. I don't know what to say. You deserve to be happy though. :(

    I hope this doesn't prolong and make a negetive affect on your well-being. You come first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, yeah inshallah I will try to stay positive. I've been tryin hard to resist these red velvet cupcakes we have (from starbucks) dont want to ruin my workout lol. But yea I would rather walk barefoot in Alaska for 1 year than go through this lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salaammm.... so happy I can finally post on your blogg again. For some reason I couldnt post on yours or reply to mine. Now today, all fixed so time to catch up. I can relate to stage one!! I feel as if I will never get out of it. I think a woman that becomes a part of polyymy needs to really get a support group because this is seriously like a death of the realtionship. How can we pick up and go on? I am struggling with this as well. Its a hard pill for me to swallow to say that wife number 2 deserves the same rights as me.... What the heck? Are you trippen? She just gets into the picture and you are telling me she should get the label of #2? (sorry to offend #2's out there, I am in a raw place in my life) I had to earn the title of #1 and sorry to say sweet heart...I will always be! It is confusing to me as well Jaiyana why Hassan can choose this over you and I think you would beat your head against the wall for all eternity to try to understand him. From what you told me I think he is honestly confused with the situation now. Who knows what the next few months will bring. It really hurts me to see you struggling with this. I think its just the reality hit for me....I know what I will be in for next month. Thats my hubbys "bid day". Count your blessings here that at least Hassan dosent want you to all play Sister Wives off the bat and live as one big happy family. Ughhh, may God help me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaiyana dear. Thank you so much for sharing these common side effects of polygamy. Been through all these; I'm relieved to know that I am not going crazy, or over reacting, as hubby put it. I don't think anyone would really understand how crappy this feels unless they are placed in this situation.
    My heart goes to you. I pray that ALLAH give you more strength; IN SHA ALLAH you'll emerge to be the best person you can be after all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jaiyana one reason we have a hard time understanding the "nature of a man" is because we are not of the same nature. We weren't made to desire multiple men. Most women when they find that special guy, and fall in love they only want to be with him. All we think about is being with our man forever. Men on the other hand don't feel or think this way. They may love their wife, but still have the desire to be with other women. Some men go about taking seconds in a halal, and good way based on Islamic etiquette, other don't. Since you feel Hassan has been very conniving, distrustful, and sneaky you are going through even more heartache. You can't travel back in time, and right the wrongs of your situation. Call a spade a spade. He is who he is. Good, bad, or in between. Now you have a choice. The ball's in your court, can you live with him faults and all? If your answer is yes then all you can do is make the best of the marriage and roll on. If the answer is NO! Then you have to make plans to do what is best for you. If you with a man and you find you are reducing yourself to a level you never thought you would (I'm not referring to Polygyny by the way) then you need to ask yourself some tough questions. 1. Why am I with him? 2. Is he a benefit to me spiritually? 3. What is his level of Iman? 4. Can I trust him? 5. Is he kind? 6. Does he help me? 7. How much Quran and Sunnah does he practice? If the brother is falling short here than the whole idea of seconds, thirds, or fourths doesn't even matter. If his character isn't righteous than nothing he does will be righteous. There is an halal way to take on a second family, and then there is the "Dunya way". He can't follow the example of non believers and expect to have a good outcome. Think about those questions every women should ask herself. Don't prolong your suffering, and depression, because you don't have to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salaams,

    Maybe there needs to be a funeral for the relationship that *was* before the 2nd wife came on board/or about to come on board.

    Nice words can be spoken about what was. The dreams can be looked at like what they were a "dream". The relationship pre-polygamy is never to return. Bury it.

    You have a new relationship now. It's probably something you never thought you would experience. You probably don't even like it, but it's there. It must be dealt with one way or another. Like Umm Assad said, "you can't travel back in time". The only way "out" is "through".

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true Munira spoken like an official wisewoman lol . I appreciate all the help i can get in dealing with this. Some days are good some days not so good. Can only take things one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @umm assad
    You said that women don't desire to be with other men, yes its true to an extend, women like you, Jiyana, etc who all have good husbands don't have the desire to be with others, but there are women out there who are married to the worst (trust me I have seen huge nightmares from men who don't pray, fast to men who don't work and make the wife work). These women would do anything to be in marriage where the men are worthy of their loyalty and they look at other women who have that. I think men who are able to marry more than one wife, are generally good liable men otherwise how to they get women to accept marrying them despite already being married??? I would rather be married to a man who I would have to share than be married to a bum. (australian expression for someone who doesn't work.) I know your probably thinking 'oh what does she know' but seriously, I'm more terrified of men who stay home, and men who don't pray then men who want polygany.
    (Im sorry if i have offended anyone, Im just trying to look at the positive side of things)

    Sarah Bint Muhammad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Sarah Yeah I do understand your point, it would be better to be married to a deeni brother in polygyny, rather than a "bum" lol. Their are men here who are not very worthy of two wives, but how they find women who are willing to be with them is easy. 1. Some women are already working and taking care of themselves and they are okay with that. So if a man is offering to be with then they look at it as a win because then at least they have a husband. They sometimes forgo their rights to maintenance just to be with the man, but they usually always revolt and want their rights reinstated. As they should. American men don't have to be pious to practice polygyny, they just have to have a willing participant. Sometimes they even give women they are interested in Shahadah, and marry them, just to have halal relations.

    ReplyDelete

Mean people suck..no need to spread negativity. If you do not agree with me good for you, please kick rocks!