Monday, January 3, 2011

Come out come out wherever you are...

Asalaamu-alaikum world. I hope everyone is well out there. This post was somewhat inspired by UmmUmmarNy's post about protection. Well more like 95% inspired by her post lol.  Now according to my statistics i have 10,828 page views of all time. Which is a lot of awesome and maybe not so awesome people checking out my inner most thoughts. Readers from the U.S, Singapore, UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Australia , Germany, Pakistan, Malaysia , Indonesia, Egypt, Denmark, and even Poland. So literally people all over the globe are trying to see what's good in my world , which is pretty amazing and pretty freaky lol. Currently there are 35 awesome followers, so where are the other people lurking from who are viewing but not commenting? Just curious, make yourself known!This is an open house , this blog is open to anonymous posters for now, so what makes you curious about me? Just curious about who the other lurkers out there are, and why do you lurk? Does the issues I deal with not relate to your world/ environment so you may feel you dont have any input? or you are just curious how everything is going to pan out? I am saying this because after reading UmmUmarNy's post I really am thinking of making my blog private and open to readers only. I originally started this blog as an outlet and it has been an amazing source of comfort and peace over these last few months. But , now that all my business is out there for the world to see, I'm really considering concealing some of it. Who knows that's how I feel right now. Hassan and I are in a very good place, and I rather keep posting about my life being positive and maintaining tranquility with those readers who can relate and enjoy the blog than just lurkers who perhaps just like being nosy. (for lack of a better word) Let your girl know whats good.I'm off to run errands will holla back later.

17 comments:

  1. It's your blog do what you want with it. The readers who enjoy reading, commenting, ect. will probably just make a profile, and continue to follow you in your journey through this whole thing. When you set up a blogger account your info. is private unless you decide to make it public. You can also follow blogs privately. It's easy and not many people use their real names anyways. Sounds like a good idea. You'd definitely have a lot more people follow your blog. LOL They're gonna still want to know "what's really good" lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm Assad, thanks for the support. Yeah I'm still trying figure out whats good most days lol. I know before all of this, (Denise and Hassans marriage) when the thought of being in polygamy was just an crazy idea Hassan had, I was out there too blog stalking, internet searching trying to find others out there who were dealing with it. Trying to get tips, tricks info ect. But now, its like the calm after the storm. I just pray and hope that there isn't another storm brewing in the forecast. I dont have the energy for that business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I regularly read your blog but I don't remember if I've ever commented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be quite frustrating to see so many stats but not many followers/comments...as for me, I pop in every few days or so...but I like to put thought into my (usually long-winded!) comments which requires time - of which I am poor of!

    I understand your conundrum - the positives and negatives of going private. If you go completely private you miss out on meeting new luvly people!

    I know a few blogs who have moved to wordpress so they can select certain posts 'password-only'. With blogger you can't do that, only make the whole blog private which is such a pain if you've just discovered a blog and haven't had the chance to comment yet. Or you can have two blogs (which could be quite annoying) and direct the more private stuff to the new blog which is private and by invite/permission only.

    If you do go private maybe you could give some notice...so those who want to come out of the woodwork can make themselves known to follow you to your secret hide-y place :D

    Take a look at this blog....

    http://peacefulmuslimah.wordpress.com/

    She no longer blogs due to crazies harassing her but look how she had certain posts password only.

    Wassalaamu alaykum!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assalaam alaikum,

    I have been a "lurker" for the past week. Smile. I enjoy reading your blog even though I cannot relate to your situation (poly-marriage). I find your blog interesting,humorous and suspenseful. I guess I will have to become one of the cool kids and follow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam alaykum!

    I am a new blogger, and looking at how people think and see how they live and also contemplate (and sometimes grow) really interest me.

    So yes, before blogging, I read blogs and I sometimes left comments. But now it is traceable, i know how you think and you know me too. :D

    Just do whatever you think best, and may Allah shower you with happiness and blessing no matter what your decision will be.

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. salams, 'even Poland' must be me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. AS-salaam Alaikum sister, I have put a few comments once in a while, but not often, though i read ur blog regularly. what caught my attention here was how you wanted people to understand the transition from mono to poygn, as you mentioned most people speak of the before and then the after settling down, i may have to go thru the same some day, so i wanted to be prepared and Alhumdulillah i'm grateful you are sharing ur experiences, it gives me strenght, masha'Allah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Lady of Ozarks, thanks for coming out & posting, i believe you were one of my original followers yay!

    @Ahuuul wow, thanks for posting that. Thats another thing I am concerned with if some how someone who knows me personally tries to put stuff on here or cause drama due to what I have posted. Also with it being open to all right now Denise could stumble upon it if she is looking for info on polygamy lol, that would be interesting. But I doubt she has or I would have heard about it by now.

    @Israh yes become a cool kid lol, yeah I try to keep it light and funny.Life is much to short to be stressed 24x7 and serious all the time. Even when there is a serious matter you are dealing with you have to be able to laugh at yourself sometimes. Suspenseful? LOL guess my life is in a way.

    @Rialive, sending hugs your way. I have visiting your blog since you posted on mine and really enjoy it. Good reminders for us bad girls lol .

    @Jest dobrze heeyyyyyy ! so your the one from Poland, thats awesome. I actually did a report on Poland when I was in the 6th grade. lol

    Ummshudah, glad I could help any crazy way that I can. Yeah when I stared this journey alot of blogs I found were after the 2nd or 3rd marriage, but rarely before and during the whole courting process. I this is important for other 1st wives and consecutive wives to be able to understand others feelings, pain ect. And know that the pain the first wife feel is normal and should feel bad if she goes thru the same feelings. Many people try to say oh its from Allah so you should have no emotional pain. When in reality this is not true or the case. Women are emotional by nature and during such difficult times, women should be able to show support to others in a trying situation. Inshallah if you are tested with polygny it will be a situation that will provide you many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I have been reading poly blogs for many years, yours is fairly new to me. I really like yours because you crack me up, there's always a tinge of humor, even when you're ticked off.
    The honesty of your emotions really shines through. Deen or not, let's be real, this is a very big deal & a major life adjustment. Thank you for sharing your trip with us, I really hope you continue to!
    Demographics: Female, 36, Miami FL, Not Poly, Not Muslim :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi MidTown , hope all is good in your world. Glad you decided to make yourself known lol. You got that right, its a huge life adjustment. Sometimes I think to myself ..what am i thinking where is the nearest exit lol who knows how this will turn out lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey girl! So you fancy huh? lol Likin the new colors, and layout!! Jus Lovely....

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Umm Assad thanks, gotta switch it up every once in awhile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW Jaiyana.. you really did get them "out".. LOL!! I'm happy my post got you thinking and I hope it will benefit others as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Salamu alaykum,

    I'm currently in ATL and loving your outlook. Inshallah my husband will be getting a second wife one day. He's planning although he has not the money. I think he wants a rich doctor but what would she want with him Allahu ilem! Maybe his stunning swagger- LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Salaams, Halimah glad you joined us lol. I love Hotlanta! lots of beautiful muslims down there. And the housing is so affordable.There is a good Somalian restaurant there that's awesome. But anyways the 2nd wife business is a lot of work. I pray your husband is a sweetheart. The hardest thing about the whole love triangle of polygamy in my opinion is fairness and feelings. If a guy is a sweetheart and knows how to keep treating his wife like a queen , he could likely have 2 pennies to rub together and both women would be fine and happy. But if a guy is cocky, mean, cut throat, and arrogant ,isnt enough money in the world that will satisfy the women to stay with him. Just my two cents. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wordpress says I have 10,230 views of all time I added my front page ticker a while after I started blogging).
    Hardly anyone ever notes me. I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete

Mean people suck..no need to spread negativity. If you do not agree with me good for you, please kick rocks!